Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is a training course that teaches people how to identify, understand and help someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
This course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider, providing you with:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing.
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
How our MHFA courses are delivered.
The online course is delivered through the MHFA England Online Learning Hub. The learning takes place through four live training sessions with self-learning activities in between. This course takes 18 hours to complete which includes 12 hours of live delivery and 6 hours of individual learning.
The face to face course is delivered over two days.
Each course is limited to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Our MHFA Training costs
Course Cost: £220.00 for each delegate including the cost of course materials. If you have 8 or more people that would like to attend the training, we can offer bespoke dates and a further discount.